This is my Comfort Zone Challenge Blog, As seen on The MAIL ONLINE.
This blog tells the story of my comfort zone challenge, which began as a new years resolution, and now has become my life. One challenge per week, outside of my comfort zone for 52 weeks of the year. It has now become a place for regular challenges, random postings on life and home for my writing.
New Year’s Resolution – Stepping outside my comfort zone.
According to Forbes’ Magazine, just 8% of people achieve their New Years Resolution. Well in 2015, I was determined to be in that 8%. Rather than something that I give up in February, my years resolution would apply to every week of my life for the whole of 2015. So here’s the deal, 2015 I want to challenge myself by stepping outside my comfort zone!
“Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch.
I love this quote, mainly because it enforces the message if you’re willing to change, your life will change also. For years, I’ve been brandishing the quote to friends and colleagues suggesting they need to step out of their comfort zone, like I am some kind of motivational guru that can tell. It was only after a disastrous ‘date’ at the end of November, I realised, I’m living in my comfort zone… and well within it.
The Plan of Action
– 52 tasks outside my usual day to day activities
– 1 per week
– Documented each week in my comfort zone challenge blog
Thought I’d set some ground rules originally to stop this getting out of hand:
– Nothing involved with this should effect my professional work life
– Spending all my money, doesn’t constitute stepping out of my comfort zone. As much as possible, I don’t want to spend thousands of pounds.
– Nothing that effects my personal appearance (linked to the first rule)
– Any thing too risky, particularly with my life, will be binned.
Look to the right to see each weekly challenge or to read a round up click HERE
For any queries regarding My Comfort Zone Challenge, I am contactable via the form below or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.